Monday 11 July 2011

great expectations

i never 'liked' my own fb status.
i think it's too narcissistic.

isn't it annoying
when u tell someone
about something
over and over again
and yet
he still seems
NOT to understand?
worse,
he seems
NOT to LISTEN at all?
what a waste of time.

have you ever
done something
and expect
that people do the same thing to you?
i know that stands on the same level as
"tak ikhlas"
but,
just listen to my context 1st.

when you're giving somebody
a birthday present,
do you give him/her
something she/he likes,
OR
something YOU like?

to answer this,
i always put myself in that person's shoes
(that's called empathy)
i will want something that I like
(don't really care what the giver likes. it's my birthday anyway)

so,
when i do that
(giving something the bday girl/boy likes)
i expect
my bday presents to be something that I like.

i always forget other people's birthdays
so i don't really care if other people forget my birthday.
so i expect
when i forget their birthdays,
they wouldn't mind.

i always lift up the toilet seat after using it
so i expect
other people who use it after me
would have the slightest fucking common sense
to do the same.
(toilet issues really bug me. i can be very bitchy)

i keep my clothes neatly folded and placed
in my closet
so i expect
other people who seem to barge in
and decide to borrow/try on some of it
would leave my closet
as neatly as i left it before.

i always eat
with my mouth closed
in front of anybody.
so i expect
everybody who eats in front of me
to close his/her mouth
when he/she eats in front of me.
(or at least chew with less noise)

i don't like consoling
someone who's sulking over me.
so i don't mind if i were sulking
and nobody is consoling me.
and so i expect
nobody will expect me to console them
especially when they're sulking over me.

if expectations = demands
i'll be a very demanding person on earth.
luckily,
they're not equal.
when i demand,
i say it out loud.
when i expect,
i keep it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment